Serving Jersey City, Secaucus, Bayonne, Harrison and surrounding areas.
What does that mean?
Effective May, 21, 2014 ONLY Nationally Registered Certified Medical Examiners can perform physicals for truck and bus drivers. The exam is necessary for drivers with a CDL license every 3 to 24 months depending on the driver’s health history. The purpose of the driver’s exam is to ensure public safety and prevent commercial vehicle crashes and fatalities.
The requirements are set forth in Section 390.101
Through 390.115 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs).
In May, 2013, Dr. Esposito has taken the required training and testing to become a registered certified medical examiner (ME) to do DOT physicals. (department of transportation)
What is examined during the Physical?
- Blood pressure, heart, lung, and abdominal sounds
- Urine sample, eye and hearing test
- Physical of spine and body
What you need to bring:
- Glasses, contacts, or hearing aid if worn
- Driver’s license
- Prior medical notes if applicable
- Recent eye exam or hearing test results if applicable
• Immediate SAME DAY appointments are available
• Exams take 20-45 minutes depending on your health history
• Certificate will be given immediately for qualified drivers.